Followers

Monday, September 29, 2008

Allow me to Reminisce!

OK, as many of you know, I am NOT an altered artist. My altered art needs a PURPOSE, so I guess that makes me an altered realist or something like that! LOL Well, I found a project that I REALLY enjoyed making! The last time Reminisce had a layout contest, I won 2nd Place and got all these AWESOME papers! Well, I used some of the winter paper (because it was really sparkly) to make this Christmas ornament.



So basically, I cut random sized stripes and wrapped them around this paper mache' ball with Mod Podge. I waited (and prayed) for everything to dry and tied some ribbons on the top and viola! Bailee handed me strips of paper while I glued. I have a feeling both kids are gonna make me go back to Hobby Lobby and get more of these ornaments to make.

So there you have it...a homemade ornament (and it's not even October yet!!) Crazy!! I know!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll await to see ur x-mas tree, LOL

I've seen the glass balls where people put paper strips in there and put ribbons and they too look really cute

Creative Bug Christy said...

I love the ornament Shannon! You always say you are not an altered artist but I know differently!

Veronica-Disney Dreamin' Mama said...

I can't believe it--you altered something! LOOKS GREAT! Now you just need to do some more for my tree :)