Followers

Friday, January 17, 2014

While the cat's away...a challenge

I'm am always down for a good challenge, and ESPECIALLY when it involves CARDSTOCK!!  U have to admit, I am a bit old school when it comes to scrapping and I love me some cardstock...so I just had to play along with the challenge at Core'dinations.

Here is the sketch...

 
I have been working diligently to try and finish up some of my various vacation albums, and this sketch just seemed perfect for our trip to Universal Studios last year.  When we went to the Dr. Suess area, I was such a KID!!  I LOVED all the rides...even if they were more for little kids.  My family was so understanding and humored me through the whole thing!  So this is our experience on the One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish ride.  Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
 
 
 
Here is a close up of the title...I used my Sizzix embossing plates to make some different textures and then outlined the letters with Stickles.  Can I just say, I must be getting old because squeezing that bottle made my hand HURT!  (Well, ok maybe I just need a new bottle!)

 
As a side note, since I am in grad school, I get free software as part of my tuition, so I bit the bullet and updated my Photoshop to Elements 12...I think my previous version was like 2.0.  I have always said I am determined not to be the old person that can't use technology, so I must continue to push myself outside my comfort zone and learn new things.  So this was my first attempt at editing with this new software.  There are apparently all kinds of cool features that I am determined to learn...including instagram-type filters, cloud storage, etc.  I'll try to do a review later on the blog once I learn what the heck I am doing!!  So far so good...
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I am staying true to my promise for updates...so feel free to follow, pin and stop by often.  Scheduled for this weekend, I will be trying something new from Pinterest again for supper.  Enjoy the weekend and if you are from most of the Northern US...STAY WARM!!  I think we are currently at 19 degrees.  Brrrrrr!
 


~Shannon

3 comments:

Mary Pat Siehl said...

love how you turned the sketch into a layout
thanks for playing with us at core'dinations

Suzanna Lee said...

Huh! Cool! I am the queen of using a card sketch for layouts and vice versa yet you have out done me on this one!! LOL!! Great job! Love the primary colors and the title work.

ellen s. said...

Awesome! Great idea! Thanks for going the challenge with us over at Core'dinations this week!