Followers

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Sketches and contests and calls...oh my!












So last night I got down to business in my scraproom. I have been trying to get more organized and get my work out there. It seems with school and everyday life that it is harder and harder to do that, but this month I am determined! I did a Becky Higgins sketch (2 pages) based on a typical day in my life. Honestly, I could have filled up a whole album, but I tried to touch on the highlights. I have struggled recently with being a working mom and it was therapeutic for me to get my feelings down on paper. I love my career - or at least until recently. I love the independence that it gives me to know that I don't have to rely on anyone financially - that I can stand on my own 2 feet and have it all...but there are sacrifices that comes along with everything in life and I needed to put to rest my feelings on that.

I also did a quick layout of my dog, Amber...the 12 year old beagle...my baby...my BRAT! I turned it in for the scrapfriends celebration, but I have had the idea in my head for a while and needed to put it to paper.

No comments: