Followers

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

New Release


OK...here it is...some of the new Boxer paper. This paper is actually part of the "cat" line...but since I don't have a cat, I wanted to try to do something different with it. I had this picture of Bailee that I loved and it was mostly blue. OK...got out the old color wheel (come on...you know you have one)...and thought...what the heck...let's do a blue and orange layout! Talk about just jumping right out of my comfort zone!!! Sheesh! I backed the main photo with blue cardstock and stamped the black flowers. I also painted some black chipboard. Apparently I "needed" every single piece of Fancy Pants chipboard a while back and had not used hardly any of it...so why not...since I am out of my comfort zone anyway...and to make matters even better...why not use PUFFY PAINT! Oh the title...letter stickers that I outlined with my White Signo. I was a little worried at first, but I am way happy now!
So today I was just a scrapping fool! It was awesome! Little man spent some time working on his preschool computer program and I scrapped like a mad woman! It was awesome! Actually, I think it was avoidant behavior because I thought I had just BOMBED my math test Monday and I was to get the results back today. Well...guess what???? I got an A!!! Not only that...my score was the 3rd highest in BOTH of his classes. I swear I guessed on most of it...but apparently my instincts were correct. Next up...a layout about math! LOL
So since I haven't chatted with many of you lately...I guess I will give a couple of highlights...got my insurance license and I am leaving Friday for a conference in Ohio. Hoping to really start going with the life insurance thing. So far staying home has been AWESOME and I would really like to continue to do that...but you all know me...I can't stand standing still...so I must do something else. Logan will be in school full time in the fall and I want to have a career again. I miss it really. I love being a mom, but I want more than that I guess. I must say though...my house is getting pretty clean these days! LOL I actually DUSTED!!! Somebody HELP me! LOL I am also redecorating my main level to our house. Since we got the 60 inch big screen for Christmas, we are doing the great room as a movie theatre. I got heavy burgandy curtains for the windows and Shane and I went on ebay tonight to look for some movie posters, etc. The best part...you know the little talking hot dog and pop and popcorn that used to be on the intermission films at drive ins...I got them for my wall!!!! I can't wait to get it done so I can take pictures to share with everyone!!!
So as it stands...gonna try to work a job that has major flexibility and allows me to basically work when I want to...still going to school...hopefully I can finish up some computer classes this summer so I can start doing some computer-related jobs as well. So that being said...guess I will just keep treading down the path that God leads me and hope that I don't fall flat on my face. Faith is a funny thing...it's cool when everything is going well...not so easy when it's not. With that being said, I guess I should head to bed as it appears I start getting really philosophical around midnight!
Have a great one!!

3 comments:

Sandi Minchuk said...

Oh Shannon- this is SUCH a cute layout! It's been a while since I had checked out your blog and I am so glad I did- you have some awesome projects on here!!

Anonymous said...

Pretty layout Shannon.

Have fun in Ohio and good luck with your new career :)

Julie Ann Shahin said...

Fun layout! I loved your work in Scrapbook Dimensions premiere. Great job!!!