Followers

Sunday, July 08, 2007

What I want to accomplish...

I have to say, this week's blog challenge at SAL is thought provoking to say the least. What is it that I want to accomplish before I die...

There are so many things that I want to do in my life that I have not yet done. I think it is the over-achieving-control freak-never satisfied part of me! LOL One of the big things that I want to do is finish my Master's degree (which I am working on). But I think the biggest thing that I want to do is travel. As a child, we never went anywhere farther than the mall. I want to see the world. I want to experience the feeling of traveling the globe. I want to scrap the pictures! LOL Mostly, I want to do this alone with my hubby. Between taking care of my grandpa and not having anyone to watch our children (even for an occasional date night) I just want to get away with him and have a vacation with just the two of us. He is such an amazing, supportive man and I miss him. We are so caught up in taking care of everyone else, that we never get a chance to be together. He is my best friend. Don't get me wrong, family time is amazing. But sometimes not watching an animated movie or going to Chuck E Cheese for dinner is a nice time to recharge and reconnect.

3 comments:

Danielle said...

i agree babe alone time with DH is far and few between and we need more of it

shadows of life said...

i totally agree!! alone time is not only fun but ESSENTIAL!! i guess i can't complain, becuz jesse & i will have 6 days by ourselves next week! :) Hope you find some alone time soon!

Alicia Sharp said...

AWWWWW! That is so sweet! I know what you mean, we don't have kids but DH is working constantly! We never get anytime to vacation together!