Followers

Monday, May 14, 2007

My Mother's Day...




Another SAL blog challenge, but something worth sharing and documenting. This past weekend was Mother's Day. It was a very bittersweet one for me this year. My family was wonderful and I am so thankful to have them, but we learned that my husband's cousin passed away leaving 4 young children without a mother. I can't begin to tell you how sad that is. My heart just aches for them. All 4 children were foster children that had been adopted. Now they are losing a parent once again.

Out of tragedy, however, comes a huge sense of humility. I am so thankful for my children, my health, my family, my friends. I stopped to take more time to listen to my children, to give them a hug, the really spend time with them. I have a couple of AMAZING kids and I want them to grow up knowing how very much I love them. I guess in a way, that is why I scrapbook. I want to give them a part of me, knowing that I will not always be there. I want to focus more on the journaling and the message. These pages that I create will be cherished someday - I hope - as a way to communicate with each other when I am no longer able to. That is something that I don't have that I wish I did.

So here is a snapshot of my Mother's Day this year...
My husband surprised me with Emerald earrings (my favorite). My daughter made an entire bouquet of oragami flowers and butterflies and a beautiful Stampin Up card (I will convert her yet! LOL). My son made me a bookmark with his fingerprints and when I came home, they yelled surprise. I also got lots of hugs and kisses. And the most amazing part...Shane and I actually got to go on a DATE!!! I know...amazing! We went to see Spiderman 3 - AWESOME!!!

So that was my day. Can a gal get any luckier???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad about Shane's cousin....so sad.

Great photo of the 3 of you!!

Love the flower bouquet, how awesome! So, did Bailee sneak your goods while you were away to make your card? LOL

Summer said...

Great picture!!! Sounded like you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

Alicia Sharp said...

I am really glad you had an awesome Mother's Day! You really deserve it! Love the pic of you 3 together!!