Ok...I don't normally do this, but I just need to free myself of it so I can move on...
It drives me NUTS when people in the scrapbooking industry are flakes. I know that I should "just get over it", but I hate being taken advantage of and this has been the last straw. I don't (and probably never will again) call names, but I thought it would be prudent to warn my fellow bloggers of the flakes out there.
It all started LAST APRIL! (Yep...I really need to just let this go). I used to hang out at scrappergal.com and do the challenges there. Now I must add that they have new owners now so this does not apply to the new owners. Well, I won a bunch of challenge contests there and never got my prizes. Not a huge deal really, but I ask the owner, Collette (who must be to busy posting at 2Peas and designing for Sweetwater to bother) about it and she kept giving me the "it's on it's way...just been busy" crap. She even posted a thread on the board that she was behind on sending things out and would be getting to it. Well..apparently not. I'm sure she seriously does not care, but I think that is really crappy. I mean just be honest and say you aren't going to do it, ya know?!?! So that being said...I am completely letting go of this and wish the lying you-know-what the best of luck in life! LOL
Next...I got a subscription to PaperArts back in Sept. Well...never got a copy and have tried to contact them and no luck. No e-mail response and the phone # they give just rings and no one answers. They apparently had time to take my paypal payment though. Oh well...live and learn, right? Still - at least be honest with your subscribers and don't STEAL from them!!!! The funny part is that the pub calendar still posts calls for them. I have heard that many are still awaiting payment, etc. It really is scary when you send your work and have to fear it never coming back. Thank God for digital - more disposable pictures!!
Finally...BEWARE www.shop4crops.com!!!! I saw the store posted on 2 Peas and knew some people that hung out there so I stopped by. They were having a crazy sale on their inventory and pre-orders, so I ordered some stuff. Well, guess what campers??? They NEVER sent me my order!!! I e-mailed the owner back in MARCH and she tells me that one of the vendors hadn't sent the stuff yet. OK..fine...so I e-mail in MAY and funny...no response. Well, there you go...you don't do good business, I get to tell the world on my blog!!!! Perhaps that is totally PMS-y of me...but I am just really TICKED! I mean why do people have to be that way? It's honestly not even the money (although again...STEALING!!!!!)...just refund the money and say that you aren't selling stuff anymore or whatever...just be honest! The e-mails don't bounce back to me, which leads me to believe that they are going through.
Well, there it is...I am cleansed of all the negative crap from the scrapbooking world and can focus now on all the awesome things that happen every day. I know that other people have been wronged on boards or not gotten prizes/orders, so feel free to vent away. Here is your opportunity! I'll even give ya an "Amen Sista!!" I suppose I should have saved this for "whiney Wednesday", but today for some reason it just called to me!
BTW...if you want a reliable place to shop...go to www.scrap-a-latte.net! Carla will hook you up with AWESOME products and SERIOUSLY fast shipping!!! OK...maybe I am biased, but I have ordered several times and have never been disappointed. If only the world was more like Carla!!!!
2 comments:
All of those situations suck!
On the mag subsciption, file a complaint with PayPal and how did you pay for that order at that other site? File a complaint with PP or your CC company. Do it while your hot.
I agree....shop @ Scrap-a-Latte!! Reputable owner & site!! :)
Post a Comment