Followers

Monday, June 11, 2007

RAK!!!!


Ok...another SAL Blog Challenge...this time to talk about when I received a RAK from someone. I thought about this and honestly, everyone in my life is so generous and wonderful, but with all the Harry Potter hype lately, this seemed appropriate to mention...


July 2005, we went to the Harry Potter book party at the library to kick off the 6th book release. Long story short, I made costumes for both of my kids and once there, found out that only certain kids would be chosen to be in the costume contest. I was outraged!!! A PUBLIC library no allowing all children to participate?!?! To make matters worse, they chose my SON right in front of my DAUGHTER!!! (but didn't choose her). This was the first time that I have written a letter to the editor of the newspaper. About a week later, my daughter received an anonymous letter from an elderly woman with a $50 bill in the letter stating that she wanted to let my daughter know that not all adults are mean. This is and probably will be the most amazing thing to ever happen to us! (although I don't think we are going to the kick off party at the library this year! LOL).
So here is your chance to get a RAK from me...post a comment on my blog and I will draw a name for a RAK next week.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet it was an older lady who sent B the money. That's too sweet

Lora3677 said...

That is truly a sweet, selfless act. How sweet!

Carla said...

Wow! I hope this person got their kindness back 10 folder. How awesome!

~*Michele*~ said...

WOW!! I agree with Carla, I hope she got that karma back 10 fold!