Followers

Saturday, March 07, 2009

We have been BUSY!!!

I can't BELIEVE it is March already...so many things going on. I'll try to give you a brief pictorial of our lives within the last couple of weeks...

First off...Logan started KARATE lessons...I think he is pretty sure he's a Black Belt already, but he looks so darned CUTE in his uniform! Hi YA! YES SIR!!



THEN...we had a week-long celebration of Dr. Seuss's birthday...yeah, I am a self-proclaimed Dr. Seuss-aholic! But the kids really enjoyed it. One night we made Green Eggs and Ham. They painted their bacon with a food-coloring mix and we dyed the scrambled eggs...then we had McDonald's-style Bacon Egg and Cheese bisquits with our creations!






Then the kids decided to do their own reader's theatre...




So then yesterday, my "little girl" turned THIRTEEN!!! How dare she grow up like that!!! We rented the ice arena and she and her friends went Cosmic Ice Skating! Bailee LOVES to ice skate (and is pretty good at it), so this was a fun way to hang out with her friends. Cosmic Ice Skating is where they turn off the lights to the rink and they skate with black lights and disco balls, etc. VERY hard to get decent pictures, but you know I tried!! And since Hannah Montana is NOT cool when you are 13 (or so I am told), we ordered her cake...which was originally a Hannah Montana design and customized it with just the guitar!




(Oh and Ana...if you are reading this...she is wearing the shirt YOU picked out when we were in Cali!! She LOVES it!!! I need you to pick out ALL of her clothes now, ok? LOL)

So I am not sure we will ever get back to "normal", but I think we are at least able to sort of rest this weekend. Bailee got a digi camera for her bday, so I have a feeling my Walgreens bill is gonna be a bit higher from now on!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so you now have a black belt expert and a teenager. your son looks so much like you but yet i see your husband in him so much. r u sure you and shane are siblings? lmao. i've never heard of disco ice skating but sure sounded cool! they do that at the bowling ally, lol.
i'm right behind you on the 13, matthew's is on the 19th

Anonymous said...

oh yeah forgot something! your green eggs and ham look repulsive, LOL

Creative Bug Christy said...

Hey Busy Lady! I'm catching up on my blog reading- now I need to catch up on posting, lol. I loved the Green Eggs and Ham activity! You are so clever. Bailee looks awesome and is having a great time at her party. Talk to you Friday!!!