
OK...so it is that time again...a new year...a new start...time to start listing all the things I want to change and make better. Honestly, I am not a big "resolution" kind of gal. I set goals, but even with that I have a hard time with long term kind of stuff. That is probably because I am so busy with the hear and now that I tend to get caught up in that. Steven Covey (The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People) talks about the fact that you need to handle the big stuff first or you are basically just putting out fires. I so know what he means. So this year I want to handle my big priorities and let the small stuff fall into place.
Goal #1: Do whatever it takes to book at least 10 appts. per week. I want to really work my business to the fullest because I want to have the extra money set aside to reach my other goals.
Goal #2: Save enough for a really nice family vacation without going into debt. I am really big about "cash only". If I have to charge it...I can't afford it!
Goal #3: Get healthy! I know this is such a traditional resolution, but for me, I want to take a holistic approach to it. Lately I have been so BLAH for lack of a better way to put it. I want to "get my head right". For me that means staying motivated to work hard, take time for me to relax, and spend time with my family. I am starting acupuncture for my migraines and weight management. I am also going to nutritional counseling as well as massage for my migraines. I think it all goes together. When my diet is off, I feel yucky and my migraines are more frequent. I am also starting yoga. Again...lots of things to accomplish, but well worth the effort if it makes me a happier, healthier mom/wife/friend...
So that's it...here's hoping for a happy, healthy 2008!
5 comments:
A good sound set of goals!
I love number 2! My motto exactly!!
Great goals Shannon. I love the slide thing that you have for your layouts. You must tell me how I can do that on my new blog.
Happy New Years.
Kathy
Good set of goals.... what about your scrappy goals??
so...have you heard Junkitz closed???
Post a Comment